• the personal information we may collect from you when you visit our web site, respond to our emails, place orders via mail or fax, or otherwise contact us via telephone, email, fax or mail, use our mobile applications, place orders through social media applications (such as our Facebook and Instagram) or otherwise contact us via telephone, email, fax or mail (collectively, our “Services”),
• why we gather information from you,
• how we collect it,
• how we use it, and
• the choices you have regarding our use of personal information you have provided.
Note: You must be 18 years or older and the age of majority in your place of residence to use, subscribe or register as a member of Astro Jewels NY (or 21 years or older). The Service is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose personal information from or about children under 13 years of age.
Why do we gather information?
Astro Jewels NY gathers personal information to help improve our products and customer service, to communicate with you, to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience and to inform you, and your gift and message recipients, of special offers and discounts from us, our affiliated brands and selected third parties.
What information do we gather?
We collect information through our Web Site, emails, mail, fax, and telephone, mobile applications and social media applications (such as our Facebook Page) including when you:
• place an order,
• participate in our forums, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, and membership registrations, and
• engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to our customers, members or users. Depending on how you interact with us, we collect some or all of the following types of
• your name, address, telephone number, email address,
• billing information (credit card number, expiration date alternate or additional billing information and
• products purchased and occasion type (for example, Valentine’s Day),
• any promotion or gift card code and related,
• Message and gift recipients’ names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses, and
• other information you provide to us, including User Submissions. Information you provide to us may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or otherwise cancelled.
How we use “Cookies”?
How we use the information we collect?
We use information we collect to communicate with you, to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience, to inform you and your gift and message recipients of offers and discounts from Astro Jewels NY and our affiliated brands and to enable you to receive credits for purchases under loyalty or buying programs which you have joined.
Our Affiliates, subcontractors, and agents, and any successors to our business (if we ever sell some or all of our business), are not considered to be third parties under this Policy. We may provide your information to our Affiliates for use in connection with their businesses, including sending you offers and promotions. However, in connection with information collected under this Policy, they are required to comply with this Policy. “Affilates” are persons or entities directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Astro Jewels NY.
We reserve the right to disclose information you provide to us as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests and as necessary or appropriate, in our view, to operate the Services, process orders or registrations, to conduct promotions, contests, and sweepstakes you participate in, and to protect the rights or property of the Company, its Affiliates, users, customers, recipients, Members, Sponsors, Providers, Licensors, Merchants and Associates.
Links to Other Web Sites:
Security and Passwords:
If you place an order on our Web site, it encrypts the credit card number you submit prior to transmission over the Internet using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. This technology works best when the Web Site is viewed using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer® or Netscape Navigator®. However, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we make reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information once we receive it, we cannot warrant the security of information we receive.
Portions of the Web Site (such as our Member registration and Address Book) may require registration and log-in processes in which you will select a user ID and password (collectively, the “Password”). Passwords provided to you by us are the confidential property of the Company and may be used by you solely for your individual use of the Web Site (and otherwise as specified by us). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Password and for all activities that occur using your Password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Password or accounts.
We may provide you with the ability to log into our Services using a social media account, such as Facebook Connect. We do not control the activities of such social media services and have no control over the data they collect or their privacy practices. You should review their privacy practices
before using any such social media service.
How to Limit the Use of Personal Information From Third Parties:
We do not share email addresses you provide with third parties without your consent. In addition, if you prefer that other personal information provided by you not be shared with third parties, please let us know by emailing, writing or calling us as described below. Your instructions will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with law.
Emailing us at: email@example.com from the email address which you wish to have removed (i.e. not shared with third parties), and include your postal mailing address in the message; or
Writing us at:
Astro Jewels NY
102 West 79th Street
New York, NY 10024
Telephoning us at: 646-781-9377 Monday – Sunday, 10am to 7pm ET.
From Astro Jewels NY:
If you also prefer that we not use the personal information you have provided to contact you or your message or gift recipients for our own marketing and promotional purposes, please indicate in your email or letter that you wish your instructions to apply to “Astro Jewels NY”. These instructions, however, do not apply to non-promotional messages from us.
Any promotional email we send to you or your gift or message recipients will include a link to use to opt-out of receiving further promotional emails from the sender.
Your Consent and Changes to this Policy: